Thursday, March 5, 2009

Illustration- Breezy



I've been trying to keep up with Illustration Friday, however I'm feeling a little under the weather this week, so this one won't be entered.  I'll show it here anyway.  A little oil pastel sketch from memories of the landscape a few miles outside of my Grandma's town in Northwest Iowa.  Spring there sneaks up on you, probably because of the miles of brown pasture and farm fields.  Spring tends to come in little, barely perceiveable bits, until you wake up one morning and BAM! Everything is green.  That's how I tend to see it anyway.  Maybe that's because I'm usually stuck at work or in my apartment and only really get out into the country every couple of weeks, and come turn of seasons, a lot happens in a week.

Spring makes me happy.  So does working on art while listening to Bob Dylan.  I feel like such a hippie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment